Re: Repeater ruminations

>Rick Walker kindly loaned me his Repeater last night for a few hours. I
>tried putting it through some of its paces and had the following
>reactions.
>(Some of this is probably already covered on the list. I apologize for the
>repetition.)
>
>The configuration I was testing was HandSonic into the Repeater with a
>Mo-FX
>in the effects loop.

Interesting because I also have a handsonic and plan to use it with the
repeater.
I just got my repeater yesterday and  I'm pretty new to looping.

I checked into the EDP and  it has alot going for it, especially since it
has various OS upgrades and options available. I don't see much in the way
of OS upgrades or options for the Repeater..are there any? Mine has OS 1.1

What really cinches the Repeater for me is the 4 parallel running tracks.
That's a major asset for the kind of work I want to do. Does the EDP have
parallel tracks? I downloaded the EDP manual, didn't see any indication of
that.  In fact the only other loop device I found with more than 2 tracks
per loop is that new Roland piece. Am I right?  The Roland  has a lot of
cool features but very limited loop time...all signs lead me back to the
Repeater.

Your other objections, though valid ones,  do not stack up against having
4 tracks to mix, bounce, and dub within a loop. At least for me

I'd be curious to hear from you, or anyone here,  if there is any other
looping type device that gives you 4 or more trackes per loop...and is not
some custom made piece.

  I still have a few days to return the Repeater if I hear about something
better but I seriously doubt that I will.  Even with my limited "newbie"
looping skills, I've been amazed at the sounds I can produce. I haven't
tried it with the Handsopnic yet, just using my electric guitar...

Thanks,

Mike B

Mike Berman
digiboy@nyc.rr.com