Re: Repeater ruminations

Welcome to the world of looping.  I'm a Repeater and EDP owner, and when
you
come right down to it it's a matter of what you're trying to do.  The
Repeater
is the only game in town if you want a multitrack looper that will synch to
MIDI.  It's REALLY good at synching to MIDI clocks, not so good at having
others
synch to it.  There's a ton of stuff in the recent archive about this.
Put a
MIDI synchable effect processor in it's effects loop and man oh man can
you have
some fun.

The EDP's strength's like in it's "slice and dice" ability.  You can very
easily
add and delete chunks in a very intuitive manner.

I think Mark Hamburg's issues with the Repeater's operation comes from
being
used to the EDP.  I felt the same way when I got the EDP.  It didn't feel
very
intuitive when I wanted to get into it's deeper functions.  You really
can't
spend an evening with either of these boxes and master then.  They are too
deep.

I really thought that when I got my EDP, I'd be so in love that I'd run
out and
get another to run in stereo, but it didn't happen.  I'm glad I have one,
but
for what I do the Repeater is the main looper for me, without a doubt.
Too bad
it's gone.  One day I'll add another EDP along with a routing system of
some
sort, and it might become my main looper.  I'll still miss the Repeater's
time
and pitch shifting abilites.

Marklar