Re: More odd EDP behavior

Hi,

I've experienced a similar problem when the
switches on the EF7 wear out. They are
"momentary" switches (and merely plastic
at that). Every once in a while the spring
(or whatever mechanism in them that fails)
gives in and the switch gets stuck in
continuous "on" position.

When one of the switches is stuck like this
it does just what you describe. Odd and
unexpected commands are sent from the
footpedal to the EDP. I just got done replacing
all of the switches at once on my EF7 because
it was doing this very thing -- for the second
time in the 6 or so years that I've owned it.
It happens.

The good news is that the exact same switch
is available from various electronics suppliers.
I got mine from the Mouser Electronics catalog,
page 553, item #10PA005 for only $.92 each.
The last time one of these failed (a couple of
years ago) I bought a whole bag of them. Now
I figure I have a lifetime supply. :-)

If, after checking it out, you suspect that this
is the problem their toll-free phone number is
1-800-346-6873 and their website is at:
http://www.mouser.com/

You really only have to replace the faulty switch
when this happens (if you can figure out which
one it is). But I figured I'd replace all of them
this time . . . just in case. You know how it is.
Replace only one burnt-out headlamp on your car
and you may find the other burning out the very
next week. Why make two trips to the parts place?

Anywho, because of how the connections are soldered
together it's almost as easy to replace all of them
at once as to replace only one. Good luck!

Ted Killian

www.mp3.com/tedkillian
http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html