Re: Looping alive in LA

Hi Andy,

SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

> > Andre's show at the Crooked Bar was great- the tight rhythmic things he
> >  did really were great- audience members were able to tap their feet to
> >  the glitch o tronic beats. Good job. Is it the new software? The new
> >  footpedal? Or simply choice?
>
> Well I guess "the dude" is using an 8th Quantise to do that.

Does this mean I'm the Big Lebowski of LoopIV?  ;)

Actually a lot of that show was using Replace in an UNquantized manner,
but executing it rhythmically - "riding bareback," so to speak.  But
there was certainly some 8th-quantization towards the end of the set.

> That's a new thing in Loop4, intended to allow a connection
> between the far out glitchy stuff  and the more straightforward type
> of looping.

Just out of curiosity, here: am I to understand from your comment that
one of the specific ideas behind 8th-quantization was to harness the
glitch stuff into a more overly rhythmic fashion?  And am I correct in
assuming that you were the main guy who brought 8th-quant to the table?

> the footpedal just makes it all much easier

Amen!

--Andre