Re: Z-Vex Lo-Fi Loop Junky

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 PJBMHB@aol.com wrote:

> Howdy Fellow Loopers and Loopees,
>                                                        Anyone try or buy
>one
> of these puppies? I got one a couple days ago and am having a blast w/
>it in
> conjunction w/ my Line6 Dl4. It is basically a lo-fi looper that can
>loop up
> to 20 seconds of grungy analog audio. Very fun. Has depth and speed
>controls
> for added weirdness.                                          =-) PJ

Got one when it came out earlier this year: I found it interesting and
cool. Doesn't do sound-on-sound looping, but it's the size of a cellphone
and 20 seconds is long enough to do interesting rhythms with. The built-in
tremelo is useful, and the tone control can be tweaked during playback
from not altered much to an almost synth-like tone. I've found it useful.
I pack it with my Stick & headphone amp for practice purposes if I'm
travelling, and it's part of my effects I perform with (along with a
Headrush: I haven't used the Repeater out yet although that's likely to
change at the end of this month, and I'm saving for an EDP).

(I'll forestall the almost inevitable "where do I find info on this?" and
include the link now :) )

http://www.zvex.com/junky.html

best,
Steve Burnett