Re: Next Loop-Cycle Number

At 11:31 AM 9/18/2002, Carsten Wegener wrote:
>I have multiple loops each with multiple cycles running and I want to
>change
>between them, but when the EDP switches to the next loop, the loop doesn´t
>start from the cycle, i want him to (normally cycle nr.1).  What did i do
>wrong?

nothing wrong, the default setting is for it to return to loops at the
exact point where you last left it. So if you switch out of a loop
somewhere in the middle, when you come back to it you will begin at that
same point in the middle. The reason for this is an assumption that if you
are switching out of the loop at that point, it must be the point you
perceive to be the end, whether or not it is where the actual startpoint
is. So the EDP respects that and returns you there. This is in keeping
with
the whole philosophy underlying unquantized operation.

If you really want it to start on the actual StartPoint, you have a few
options.

One way is to set the SwitchQuant option on to "Loop" ("LOP" on the
display). This way, when you press NextLoop, the EDP will wait until the
end of the current loop before switching. And therefore, it will return to
that loop at the StartPoint. This quantizing function is also useful since
you can select which loop you want to go to during the waiting time by
continuing to press Next before it switches.

Another way is to use the SamplerStyle parameter. This determines how
multiple loops are triggered. The default setting is "run" which is this
effect of always returning to the loop where you left it and then
continuing from there. If you set it to Start ("StA" on the display), it
will always start a loop at the StartPoint no matter where you left and
continue playing it from there.

kim