Re: dancing loops

In a message dated 9/22/2002 4:19:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, matthias@grob.org writes:

>One thing which I think will be possible with looping is to
>get up for a minute and dance will the looper plays away...
>Including the dancers in the music, putting the musician(s)
>into
>the dance, these things should be very possible with the
>technology (nothing new of course).  This is part of my search
>for midi twiddlers.

I dont quite understand this part... do you suggest that the music is
built automatically by sensors controlled by the dancers?
Somehow I doubt this will turn out nice, and I dont see the necessity
since there are some many loopers that want to play...

     FWIW, there is the I-Cube system by Infusion Systems. (www.infusionsystems.com) The I-Cube has a lot of sensors (Like tilt and tap) designed to allow the dancers to either trigger MIDI events, or send CC messages. there is also the BodySynth (www.synthzone.com/bsynth.html), and various gloves designed for MIDI (I-cube also has gloves). The ControllerZone has an interesting collection of controllers (www.synthzone.com/ctrlr.htm). Some of these may provide some nice options for Loopers.
     Marc