Re: dancing loops nightmare

>Last semester, I did a single class again as an experiment to try to
>build chops with my new EDP and guitar synth/drum machine set up...
>
>It was pretty bad... I could not keep up with tempo changes and the
>teacher kept stopping and starting before I could get things
>going...Sometimes the teacher would count off at a tempo where I
>would start my loop and then immediately (unconsciously) rush the
>beat when the dancers started...Playing a drum you can flow with
>those insconsistencies...my EDP chops were not tight enough to nail
>most of it...

Yes, I never felt the lack of speed adaption as strongly as in those
dance sessions. We just naturally want to speed up and down.
But you can change quickly with Record-Multiply, if your loop is
simple enough. The resulting rhythm may be temporarily strange, but
you fix that quickly.

>I could see how you could blend some looping in with a lot of live
>stuff, but to do it totally with looping would be a trick.

dont quite understand... is that what I call "to switch the loop off" ? :-)

>Maybe there is some software for laptop looping that lets you change
>tempos on the fly?

LIVE
but you cannot load the loops quickly enough, probably...

The solution would rather be the Repeater, although I dont know
whether the speed adaption would happen as exactly as we would like,
since turning on the speed knob is probably not appropriate and retap
a new speed woud change too quickly...
Repeater users: Can you keep taping tempo and it follows smoothly?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org