Re: adult only loops = ambient?

  Matthias, if  you would like to investigate creating a sort of sound
track for yourself, one excercise which might be worth while would be to
open to the mood or emotion you have in mind, and then think of all of it's
aspects, touch, taste, scent, sight, and sound.   How does it make you
feel?   think of all of the aspects you can of that feeling.  As far as
music, how would it sound, if it could sound like anything?   What
instruments would be used?   Would it just be a human sound?   Would there
be chords?  -scales?   melody?   Harmony?  Would the pitch or pitches be
high?   low?   both?  Would the quality and timbre of the sound or sounds
be something you are already familiar with?, or something you can only hear
in your mind and heart for the moment?  Would there be a perceivable
rhythm?   Would it be fast?  -slow?  or  arhythmic?  -more like a
soundscape?

  Also, do you see pictures or colors?     -Would they have a sound?  If
they do, what would they sound like if they could sound like anything?...
You might also try thinking of other senses in this context as well, scent,
touch, taste...

  Thinking of these ideas might help to bring your perception into a
tangible form.

  Have a great day!...

Smiles,

CQ

  At 02:32 AM 9/24/02 -0300, you wrote:
>MaSo said:
>>Maybe it's the performer in me, but I've always found most non
>>ambient music, especially music with lyrics, to be very distracting
>>during sex.  I want to be making the soundtrack, I guess.
>
>good point!
>So how do you make your soundtrack?
>Since you play with your partner anyway, it easy and fun, no?
>I found the AKASHAs experience interesting, but what I am really
>interested is to create the right music for home, discretely but
>truely.
>
>I think it takes music that involves inconsciously, as ambient does,
>mostly, but with a dynamic that guides...
>For me, lyrics are terrible, too. Moaning of someone else as they
>suggest on some "romantic" CDs even worse.
>For a long time, I did not put any music either, but recently I
>remembered that the best experiences I had with music.
>"Beats of Peace" of mine with David Hoppkins is pretty good.
>A few years ago, it made a not totally young woman experience her
>first vaginal orgasm at all! Ok, there were other circumstances, but
>I could feel how the *music* carried us away.
>My first reaction was to suggest to David to commercialize the
>product as such. He thought I was crazy. Now I must say, he is right,
>its delicate, it was a singular event, maybe the energy of the music
>rather flew through me to her... a lot more investigation would be
>necessary... so I pretty much forgot about it... until this fool moon
>coincides with the start of spring...
>
>--
>

>          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org

---