Re: hardware sequencers

There are 3 Yamaha QX21 sequencers on Ebay right now....
I own the QX21 and the QX5, its bigger brother.  But have
been out of production a long time, but are very capable of
handling your needs.  The QX21 only has 2 tracks with one
extra "swap" buffer track.  The QX5 has 8 tracks with a bunch
of swap tracks.  'Course, both will handle all 16 MIDI channels
and allow bouncing, etc.  I know the QX5 has a step entry mode
for entering data...  I'm not sure about the QX21 -- I've loaned
it to a friend.....but I think it does.  The QX21, though not nearly
as capable as the QX5, does have a jog wheel for tempo.
Both can be Master or Slave in a MIDI system.
If you can get one of these guys cheap, I'd go fer it......

By the way...I emailed one of the QX21 sellers on Ebay to
correct him regarding his description of the product.  He claims
it to have 8 tracks whereas I know for a fact it has the 2 plus buffer.
....Got to keep these guys honest...!
(yeah, like he's going to change his copy !...get real, Gary)
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com