Re: do you imagine pictures while playing?

>>Strange, I never managed to imagine picture and sound simultaneously.
>
>I sometimes do if I am in a trance-like state - it is very much like
>what you get if you are in a deep meditative state (helped with
>yoga) or take the easy option and cheat and use natural herbal
>substances. They are visions, just like day dreaming. The Place des
>Vosges improvisations were all recorded whilst in this state
>(natural, and herbal)... I can picture people, places, scents,
>touch....
>
>Alas, it does not happen as much as it used to...
>
>Lately, I have been feeling a kind of musical schizophrenia whereby
>it feels as though there are a number of performers inside me. The
>spiritual side of me believes that at times, my body is acting as a
>medium for dead musicians whereas my analitical mind just assumes
>that I am a natural headchase and am just playing things that I have
>subconciously heard or worked out beforehand. I play in styles I
>have never studied or have played before... to this day, I dont know
>where they are coming from.
>
>Its a bizarre sensation... feeling away from your physical body and
>conducting your own small string orchestra....
>
>Its great, as they work for free, dont have drinking problems and
>rarely argue with each other. :)

thats cute!
I have this sensation often with one spirit, which I feel can change
along the music. Maybe you are in a different situation because the
violin is so typically an orchester instrument?
When I play with someone else, it seems that this partners spirits
plays my instrument to some extent, so the influence may not
necessarily come from a dead musician... :-)

Just like you I always look at it from both, the spiritual and the
mental point of view and both dont convince me totally. Probably they
are just models to explain something we may not be able to understand
the way it really works?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org