Patch Bay Question...

Question for those of you out there who have integrated either automated
patch bays (like the Switchblade) or manual patch panels into your looping
rig.

I've got an old 360 Systems AudioMatrix sitting in the studio, and enough
space in my new rack to integrate it if I wish to do so.  My question for
those using similar devices is: how many of you actually take advantage of
the flexible patching functionality during performance, versus merely
coming up with an overall "set it & forget it" configuration?

TIA!!!

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil