Re: Patch Bay Question...

Duke Sexton wrote:

> At 04:30 PM 9/28/2002 -0700, JAMES FOWLER, III wrote:
>
> Matt, I'm going to assume that for you it definitely is worth it, because
> it sounds as if you're even willing to give up some of your instrument's
> fullness of tone in order to gain this sort of flexibility.  Would I be
> correct in that assumption?  And John, do you ever feel as if you're
>bogged
> down in patching configurations to the point that you'd just as soon
>chuck
> the unit, wire everything up once then be done with it?

Yes, I think the flexibility is worth it...most of the time.  Sometimes I
yearn for the "good old days" when all I had was my Digitech GSP-2101.
Granted, my current set-up sounds much better, but there was a certain
ease of
programming that I miss.  Now, in order to program a new sound I have to
set-up a patch in the Switchblade, tweak my MPX-1, and then program my
footcontroller.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to
occasionally keep me from picking up my guitar and creating something new.

Matt