RE: Eminems success / labels future

And remember the whole Diana Ross "Divas" fiasco where there were
monitor/audio problems?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 11:40 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Eminems success / labels future

At 05:48 PM 9/30/2002, Steve Lawson wrote:
> > Is it only me that thinks Eminem's sense of rhythm is completely off?
Not
>only
> > do I seem to have to (when I can't avoid him) here is asinine rhetoric,
>but
> > it's rhythmically all over the place.  I'm not just talking "loose" I'm
>taking
> > "suck."  Don't perpetrate the stereotype...
>
>Really?????? I think Eminem's sense of timing is INCREDIBLE - seriously,
I'm
>so into his rhythmic thing it's not funny. The jury's still out on whether
>he's a remarkable social satirist or just trailor trash with a recording
>budget, but I'm well into his rhythm...

yes, I have to agree with that too, I find his rhythm to be pretty tight.
Mark, I think you said you only saw a performance on some awards show? I
wouldn't trust that, because I've seen many such performances where it
looked like the musicians were really struggling to hear anything from
their monitors. It often sounds like they lack any sense of rhythm, or have
never played together before, when probably they just can't hear anything.
I imagine those shows design the set for tv, and don't put a lot of thought
into the stage sound.

kim