RE: digitech 7.6 mod | questions

> From: adam [mailto:submersible@worldnet.att.net]
> has anyone on the list performed the delay mod on the digitech 7.6
> time machine. I'm curious to get some feedback (!) on the results...

indeed i have. there are two trimmers to tweak. the first is delay bias,
the
second is feedback gain. they're described on the Looper's Delight site. i
won't bother to regurgitate, you should read Kim's site first. but let me
add a
few things.

i have done this to both the 7.6 and the 8000, and both times i left the
units
on while tweaking them. it's important to be testing them while you tweak.
leave the feedback all the way up, and the delay all the way down when
you're
adjusting feedback. reverse for adjusting delay bias.

on the 7.6, you can max out the time to around 40 seconds. this brings the
effective sampling rate down into 4k-7k range. the Nyquihst filter on the
7.6
does NOT track the sampling rate accurately if you "mod" it. so, you get
BUTT-
CLENCHING ALIASING MEYHEM.

i think it sounds cool as hell. however, i wanted to go back to cleaner
looping, so i sold one and gave the other away. i gave the 8000 to a
ska/blues
guitarist friend of mine who recently fell in love with david torn.

he thinks the modified RDS is cool as hell too :)

Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com