not very reliable live

Rick,

Is there a possibility that there's something wrong with your Repeater?
  Could your hook up be squirrely?  I stopped using the Repeater in the
effect loop of my mixer because I couldn't grok it live.  Too complex.
At my first gig with the Repeater I thought I was getting weird volume
fluxuations from it, but it turned out that I had a battery connection
issue in my EMG pickups.  Other times I could have sworn the Repeater
was occaisionally malfunctioning, but after a little while it
mysteriously stopped.  The only explanation I can come up with is it
was user error.  The last dozen or so times I've gigged with the
Repeater it's been flawless.  Home too.  Never crashes.  I've totally
goofed up and hit the wrong button, or gotten "stop" messages from Jon
Wagner and wondered why my Repeater was malfunctioning.  All in all I
could trace any error to me or external forces.

Next time we get together we should look at your Repeater setup and see
what's up.  I bet a dollar it's got to be something simple.

Mark Sottilaro