re: SV: not very reliable live

Mark Sottilaro wrote:

"Show me a piece of gear that can't be broken, and I'll tell you you're not
trying hard enough.  What do you mean you have to "adapt your performance
after what is actually possible to do with the Repeater"?  OF COURSE YOU
DO.  Try doing an 8 min loop on the EDP.  Nope.  Try inserting two beats of
time into a Repeater loop.  Nope.  Just because you've found the limits of
a piece of gear is no reason to say it's unreliable.
I'm telling you people, just like the EDP, the Repeater is an instrument
that needs to be learned and played.  Practice has helped me immeasurably.
I'm so used to it that when I got the EDP, that felt awkward, just as I had
once thought the Repeater was.  I think any high end looper is going to
take time getting good at."

Dear Mark,
 I have had the Repeater tank out on me in four our of my last four live
performances. My suspicion is that midi CC messages from both my WX5 wind
synth and
my Behringer midi pedals are overwhelming the unit but I'm just not sure.
When it malfunctioned during Goddess's set the other night I had a horrible
sinking
feeling.

It may be that I have an anomalous problem or a malfunctioning unit but
there is also the distinct possiblity that the Repeater has some serious
bugs in it.  Given the erratic history of the release of the unit you have
to admit that this might be a distinct, albeit
depressing possibility.

Trust me , buddy,  I've tried hard enough.

So, a queery:   has anyone else been able to successfully use the Repeater
with
a wind controller and a set of midi pedals?

yours,  Rick Walker (loop.pool)