Re: OT- Waterphone Question

Regarding
http://www.waterphone.com/
I think Richard sold his Waterphone manufacturing to those folks; he no
longer makes them.

I, too, bought mine from Richard.  And it seemed quite expensive to me,
too.
I thought about making one myself but opted for the purchase instead.
Richard mentioned the difficulties in tuning(!!!!) the Waterphone as adding
to the cost.  Hmmmmmm.

Richard has a patent on the Waterphone.  When the IBM Patent Server website
was up, you could look at the Waterphone patent, which supplied enough
details to do-it-yourself.  The IBM Patent Server website has been taken
over by Delion:
http://www.delphion.com/
so you might have to pay a fee to see the Waterphone patents on-line from
them.

Personally, I'm really glad I bought my Waterphone, even though it seemed
expensive at the time.  It arrived in the mail the day that my sweetie (and
now my wife) and I were going camping in a National Forest.  I took it
along
and played it by the campfire in the evening.  Everybody henceforth avoided
us. :D

Chris, what do you use for a case?

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com