Re: One More question...

I've seen three ways of saving EDP loops.
1) MIDI sample dump/load - very slow but sample accurate, i.e., you get
*exactly* the same loop.  Unfortunately, I think MIDI sample dump is too
slow for practical use in a live performance.
2) The EDP sends MIDI messages at the loop beginning.  You can capture the
analog audio from the EDP, triggered by this MIDI message.  This provides
an
automated method of recording the EDP loop.  I use a Kyma system for this
but there are lots of other ways to do the same thing.
3) Many times I simply record the EDP output with my minidisc.  It might be
a primitive method, but it works well.

That said, most folks who use the EDP are into the "created in the moment"
approach.  "Save loops?  Who needs to save loops?", the improvising loopist
says.

BTW: Some good intro to MIDI is at:
http://www.harmony-central.com/MIDI/Doc/tutorial.html#intro

Dennis Leas