Re: FCB 1010--step by step guide

I'm not so sure the fish(ing) analogy fits well enough here.

Give a person working examples of programming, and they both have
something that they can use for that moment (eat the fish), and they
have a (working) reference to study and modify to their unique needs
(learn to catch fish yourself). If they screw up in their personal
attempts, they can still go back to the working reference to try to
debug their own (non working) attempt, and teach themselves to 'fish'
like the master who gave them the working example.

Unlike eating a fish, using a someone elses program (or patch) does not
preclude the possibility to use it again and again, and change it when
you are ready to learn to program, and return to the first fish if you
can't catch your own.
The utility of fish once used is gone, programs endure and work again
and again.
bret