Re: Please lets all sit together now and define what we do!

Hhhmmm, this is a very interesting thread.

For me, to define looping an what I do, it can be summed up in one
single word:

<<<FREEDOM>>>

Before I discovered looping & delays, I had so much inspirational music
floating around inside my head, but when I used standard tools to try
and get those ideas recorded (i.e. reel-to-reel, cubase, pen & paper
etc), the process was not fast enough for me to retain the ideas that I
had. It was frustrating.

When I purchased the DL4, it opened up a whole new way of working....
and to a certain degree (limited only by the hardware) allowed me to
transfer the inspiration inside my head into music that other people
could hear.

So... in my case, freedom just about sums it up :)