RE: Feedom-Music? (was: Please lets all sit...)

But when the situation ends- oh, how sad the music.

-----Original Message-----
From: S.P. Goodman [mailto:spgoodman@earthlight.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 1:03 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Feedom-Music? (was: Please lets all sit...)

Now THAT'S a slip that sadly applies more and more these days, thanks to
lawyers trained in law school to become a "necessary transaction" to as
many
things as possible:

"Freedom" becomes "FEEdom", when only those with money and influence
control
the management and execution of the Law.

******************************

Secondly, and more on-topic, I try to set the technology up so that I can
do
what I want - and usually, on my particular shoestrings, end up working
(hopefully well) with the limited resources at hand.  While I'm not always
happy with the result, it doesn't mean that nobody likes it, ya?

When people ask "what kind of music is it?" It depends on the situation.
If
they've just listened to the work, I tell them about the work they listened
to, which could be:

1.  "Rock"
2.  "Experimental Rock"
3.  "Ambient Music"
4.  "Soundtrack"
5.  "Ambient-Situational"

I like #5 the best, for my purposes.  It answers that question most of the
time, and, if the person who asked in the first place is truly interested,
and not just blathering on about nothing, calling it "ambient-situational"
stimulates (hopefully) thinking about the work as "soundtrack for life at
the moment".

I suspect that when I have the time to go on and on about What I Do, I'm
not
doing whatever It is.  I *do* know that What I Do is certainly *not*
talking
about It, nor teaching anyone to do It.  Instead I prefer to, as the Nike
ads used to say, "Just Do It".

Enjoy!
S.P. Goodman
EarthLight Productions