re: FCB1010 question

>Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:25:01 -0700
><From:"Kevin Cheli-Colando" <kevin@minds-eye.org>

>To:"loop" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
>Subject: FCB1010 question

>Hello,
>As some of you may recall, I sent a message a few days back
>saying how

I will guess that other switches are redefining the expression
pedals.

The FCB1010(as well as I can remember) allows 5 midi commands
per switch(the 10 buttons).  For each switch you can send
3 midi program changes, and two midi control changes.  The
midi cc commands redefine the expression pedals.

In my upcoming FCB1010/Repeater contribution to the universe
I use the expression pedals two ways.  One is for every single
switch on the bank I program the same cc commands for the
pedals.  Then no matter what I did last, the pedals have the
same effect.

The other mode for them I use is to use the switches to _only_
define the function of the pedals.  That way I can access
the large number of cc commands for the Repeater from a
single FCB1010 bank.

Make sure that you are not changing your expression pedal
program with another switch unintentionally.   For each
switch either define the expression pedals, or disable them.

Yours in rhythm,
Steve

I, a complete midiot, had no need for a sysex file for the FCB
1010 since I had figured out how to program it all by myself.
Or so I thought (I grasp the theory at least).  What I
discovered last night is that I don't seem to be able to
program
the expression pedals properly  at all.  I'm using this to
control the Repeater (or trying to) btw.  Now