Re: Please lets all sit together now and define what we do!

  Mark, but I personally don't do all of my looping in real time.  -and
frankly, I'm not sure why people seem to need that distinction in what they
do.  I also don't do all of my looping with audio sampling either.   I also
use a sequencer for  midi looping both in real time and  prerecorded.
  It's all "Looping" to me, and from the name, comes the emphasis on the
loops themselves in relation to the music in general, as part and source.
-just my thoughts of course, and thanks for the great posts...

Smiles,

CQ

At 11:37 PM 10/14/02 -0700, you wrote:
>On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 09:48  PM, Goddess wrote:
>
>>  With a lot of
>> pop, it's more of the hook and vocal, and visual performance.  All of
>> these
>> use loops extensively, but none seem to stress the idea of the loops
>> themselves, or their evolution like so called loopers do.  Does this
>> make
>> sense?
>
>I think it's not about the importance or the evolution of the loops
>that define what we do.  It's the fact that we do it in a real time
>situation.  That's the beauty and the fun of looping right?  If not,
>why would I have purchased my Repeaters?  I've got a very nice hard
>disk recording setup and the ability to loop patterns until the cows
>come home.  I could simulate the effect of how I use a Repeater... but
>would it be the same?  I think no.  What's different is the live
>interaction between my current self, and the self of a few seconds (or
>minutes!) ago.  I'm a new and different person, yet here are my actions
>haunting me.  I must deal with them.  I must make them understand what
>I've become.  Together we are making the future.  This is the
>excitement.
>
>The EDP: Send the immediate future some music...
>
>What would the you of 198 seconds from now think of the current you?
>Find out with Gibson's EDP.
>
>Those who don't study their past are doomed to repeat it.  Save
>yourself the time and toil with Gibson's new EDP!
>
>Like 12 Monkeys, but with a groove... mmm twelve grooving monkeys...
>
>Mark Sottilaro

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates