MIDI looping

> How do you do you're MIDI loops?

I usually do them with a program called typo(),
which I wrote using KeyKit.  When I run typo(),
the computer keyboard becomes my controller -
each keypress (such as pressing the letter 'A')
triggers a note or phrase.

If I am holding down the SHIFT key when I press
the letter 'A', the note that it plays
will be added to the current loop.
The loop plays continuously, and I can
play along with it or add things to it.
I can switch between 10 different loops
by pressing '0' through '9'.
I can process the MIDI data in a loop
(for example, control-W followed by 'F'
will apply a fractal algorithm to the current loop).

Some documentation can be found here:

   http://nosuch.com/keykit/doc/lib/typo.html

An MP3 file of a performance with typo() is here:

   http://nosuch.com/audio/wsh/2001/07_thompson.mp3

That performance was improvised live (only the drum patterns
were pre-determined), using only typo() and me typing
on a computer keyboard in my lap.

Recently I've also been doing MIDI looping using
playstation dance pads as a controller -
see http://nosuch.com/tjt/wsh2002.html
for a little description of that.

    ...Tim...