Re: recommended recordings - Frisell

Steve,

In a message dated 10/16/02 10:51:23 AM, steve@steve-lawson.co.uk writes:

>in my corner of the universe, Frisell is about as undervalued as oxygen...

I have to agree. I get every recording of his that I can lay my hands on
(an expensive activity since he does so much on other people's projects).
I've driven over 500 miles to see him live and have his "instructional"
video
as well. He's a rare musical treasure -- one enjoying a certain amount
of modest popularity at the moment. I can only hope it continues. It's
one of those infrequent cases where it TRULY couldn't happen to a
nicer guy.

My first introduction to his stuff was with his sophomore release
"Rambler" from 1985. 1987's "Power Tools" is a fave of mine too -- but
I have never been able to find it on CD (I don't believe it was ever
released
on anything but LP and cassette). I am halfway tempted to break out one
of my copies and burn my own CD-R from what I've got. Then, at least, I
could listen to it in something other than just the car (heh, heh, heh).
If anybody ever hears of its re-release on CD let me know. I'll snap it up.

Best,

Ted Killian
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian
http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.htm