Re: AES loopage/Reverb Freezing

I use a couple of looping delay lines after the verb.
The trick is to use a switch with a slow ramp...not to slow...not to
fast...as soon as the sound is in the verb...you hit the switch and the
loops goes on...without attacks captured in it...kind of Sostenuto
pedal in the piano...

Fun!!!
Italo

> On Thursday, October 17, 2002, at 01:40 PM, Italo De Angelis wrote:
>
> >> Will you also be able to "freeze" reverbs (as on the pcm81)?
> >
> > Done that!
> > It's just an old delay trick...not reverb.
> >
> Italo (or anyone else into dsp algorithms)-
>

> Can you expand on this, i.e., what would be the block diagram to creat
> a nice cavernous reverb that could be "frozen"? Clearly a looping dela
> inside a reverb set-
up could do this, but I sure there are some better