Slightly OT: mini hard disc recorders

  Hi All, a while back the topic had come up about mini disc recorders, and
mini hard disc recorders for playing and recording mp3s or uncompressed
audio in the field.  The two hd recorders I remember being mentioned were
the Archos Jukebox and the Nomad 3.   I checked a few specs in a store this
evening, and though I seem to remember that it was mentioned that the
Archos could record in uncompressed (16 bit, 44.1 Khz) .wav format, it
doesn't list that as one of it's formats.   The Nomad on the other hand,
does list .wav as a format, but doesn't list any more specs on it.  This is
 precisely what I'm looking for, and any info or suggestions anyone might
have on either of these or others, or MDRs as well, would be greatly
appreciated.  If possible, a windows explorer type interface when dealing
with the pc would also be great as I'm not sure if the Nomad acts like
another hd when interfaced with the pc for file transfer.   The Archos
apparently does.
  anyway, as I said, any help at all would be absolutely AWESOME!   Thanks
soooo much!   Have a great evening!...

Smiles,

CQ

---