Re: Repeater ambient and glitching

  Hi Scott, for the sample Bret uploaded, I created an ambient loop
normally, with the exception of dropping out of record every so often and
reversing the direction.  I then used the replace function while playing
new parts  along with reversing to add little bits of new glitchy audio to
the loop on a layer by layer idea, and then also  toggled between undo and
redo along with reverse which can give a somewhat random feel to the loop
and it's glitching.  Does this  make sense?
  <smile>  If it's not real clear, just lemme' know and I'll be glad to
elaborate more, K?   Thanks for your interest, glad ya liked it.   Have a
great evening!...

Smiles,

CQ

At 07:19 PM 10/18/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Bret-
>
>Could either you or CQ elaborate on the technique
>involved to produce this piece?  Very cool.  Thanks
>for making it available!
>
>Bret said:
>>I have uploaded a file to the loopmusic yahoo group
>>that demonstrates
>>Goddess creating an ambient loop, and then glitching
>>it.  Some folks
>>have said that the repeater is not suitable for these
>>2 tasks, but
>>Goddess shows it can be done (she is a goddess after
>>all).
>
>=====
>Scott Martin
>coirbidh_99@yahoo.com
>
>You can't make me think like you, mundane
>-Incubus

>Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
>http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates