Re: Hi & Introduction

Hi Dennis and thank you for your warm welcome

> Hi Paul!  Welcome!  (Good intro, BTW.)
>
> Depends on what you're trying to do, but here's something that works for
me
> (and my didj):

:)

> 1) Hold the bell end of the didj far away from the mic.
> 2) Hit RECORD, then start playing the didj.
> 3) Move the bell end of the didj into your normal playing position by the
> mic.
> 4) End the recording by hitting OVERDUB.  That is, go into OVERDUB
directly
> from record.
> 5) Move the bell end of the didj away from the mic.
>
> So steps 1-3 fade-in the didj and steps 4,5 fade-out the didj.  Which
should
> eliminate the clunk or bump at the loop point.

 Oh that's so smart. I hate that :)  I'll try it tomorrow & let you know
how
I get on. Thanks.

> I use an EDP so you may have to modify this some for the DL4, but I think
it
> will still work.

I've no idea what an EDP is but it if this works I owe you a pint. :)

> > Where I come from, a looper is a madman or madwoman...
>
> Yep, I'd say that pretty much covers us!

same as everywhere else then. :)

> Dennis Leas
> -------------------
> dennis@mail.worldserver.com

Thanks for the welcome Dennis.

Paul
Paul Marshall
Percussive Artist, Sound Artist
www.powerhaus.net
www.drumdojo.com
NI Facilitator for the Da Capo Foundation
www.dacapo.co.uk