seeking improvisers for sound/shift Oakland

Hey Everyone,

Ernesto Diaz-Infante and I are organizing Sound/Shift Bay Area. Basically,
it's 2 days of continuous improvised music, somewhat like the thing that
happened in Baltimore last summer. (For info on that, see
http://www.johnberndt.org/soundshift/ )

It'll be on Friday, January 10th from 6:00 to 12:00, and Saturday, January
11th from noon to 10:00 at 21 Grand in Oakland, California. It'll be a
benefit for 21 Grand.

We're seeking musicians who are willing to play 30 to 45 minute shifts
with
a changing lineup of musicians (perhaps even people you've never
met/played
with before). The actual shift length will depend on how many participants
there are.

So, this is the preliminary call for participants. Please feel free to
forward it to any lists or people you think may be interested.

2 more things: 21 Grand is not exactly a large space. Each artist will
need
to set up their equipment slightly before their set and remove their
equipment when done so there will be room for the next. Having some degree
of portability will be a plus, even if that's putting everything on a
table
that can be quickly be moved on/offstage. Once we have some drummers
signed
up, we'll see if any would be willing to share their drumset.

Also, there is a PA at the venue, and we'll look into getting a decent
mixer. Portable amps are welcome.

We're also going to look into providing some places to crash for
out-of-town
musicians.

If you're interested in participating, please fill out the following
thingy:

1) Name

2) Instrument(s)

3) brief description of musical approach or "sound" (noisy? quiet?
complex?
simple? does it resemble any genres? - this'll be used to match musicians
up.)

4) preferred range of group size (if there is a preference)

5) preferred range of time slots (if there is a preference)

6) participating musicians that you might want to collaborate with. (We'll
do our best to work out conflicts between 4, 5 & 6 but can't make
guarantees.)

7) whether you'd be willing to extend your couch or floor to an
out-of-town
musician.

Please reply to me privately if you're interested -
mattdavignon@hotmail.com

Thanks!