From: James Pokorny [mailto:j.pokorny@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 7:49 PM
To: loopers-delight
Subject: OT: Gig Spam - Phila, PA; Sun 10 Nov / Indian music

Apologies in advance to the OT nature of the post, but seeing how Indian
music is currently under discussion, I thought I'd bring it up.

No looping content for this gig, unless you consider a tanpura to be a
manual real-time looper.  ;-)

*************************
On Sunday, November 10th at 12:00 noon the Kimmel Center will present a
recital of North Indian classical music by James Pokorny.  The program will
feature traditional ragas performed on the surbahar and sitar.  The recital
will be held in Commonwealth Plaza.  Admission is free and open to the
public.

For directions please see the Kimmel Center website:
http://www.kimmelcenter.org    or call 215-790-5800

James Pokorny received his primary instruction in North Indian classical
music on sitar and surbahar from Dr. Allyn Miner, a sitarist and music
historian associated with the University of Pennsylvania, with whom he has
been studying since 1983.  James has also traveled to India several times
for advanced training under the guidance of Dr. Raj Bhan Singh, an eminent
sitarist and professor of music at Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi.