RE: Terje Amerasekhera Rypdal

Hey indian-music lovers,

I got this nice book called "The Raga Guide" (Nimbus Records, ISBN
09536971OX, www.nimbus.ltd.uk). After a introduction to the historical
origins and musical basics of the Raga, there are descriptions of 74
hindustani ragas, each with an analytical and historical description (like
he will have to kill you when you remix this), scales and melodic outlines,
a transcription of the alap (instrumental introduction), and, if
applicaple,
the lyrics together with English transcription.

Ah, and the book comes with four CDs with the accompanying ragas recorded
by
an ensemble consisting of Hariprasad Chaurasia (flute), Buddhadev DasGupta
(sarod), Shruti Sadolikar-Katkar (voc), Vidyadhar Vyas (voc).

As I think, both a collection of nice (if somewhat "standard") Indian music
and an educative listening...

         Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de