Re: Raga

> anoushka is a fine sitar player in her own right.  I guess with a dad
>like
> ravi, you've got one of the world's best sitar players available for
lessons
> perpetually.
>
> -jim

There was something on Channel 4 here in the UK a couple of weeks back with
Anoushka, she's a mighty player, I hadn't made the connection with Ravi
before that.  I understand that she was the only student of RS to adopt the
guru system, I'm unsure of the intricacies of how that works but it's
prolly
safe to say that it's more structured and intense than "hey dad show me
something cool :)" LOL

Impressive stuff but 10 or 15 minutes is enough for me, tabla players I
could listen to all night :)

Paul
Paul Marshall
Percussive Artist, Sound Artist
www.powerhaus.net
www.drumdojo.com
NI Facilitator for the Da Capo Foundation
www.dacapo.co.uk