EMUSIC Playlist #293

[ Best viewed using a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #293                    October 31, 2002.

RECAP:
On this show, I concluded the month-long focus on ambient guitarist Jeff
Pearce, who sculpts soundscapes with a guitar.  The Featured CD at midnight
was "The Hidden Rift" on the Ancient Sun Music label.

The Vinyl Starter was from the LP "Encore" by Tangerine Dream the Virgin
label.
I also played the music of Richard Pinhas who will be in concert at the
next
Gathering on November 2.

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Tangerine Dream         Cherokee Lane            Encore (Virgin)
Jeff Pearce             Live telephone interview
Richard Pinhas          P'tite SAB               Event and Repetition
                                                   (Cuneiform)
Metlay!                 Those Who Wait for       Live in Denver (Atomic
City)
                          Morning
Mike Griffin and        Plastic and Flesh        Imprint (Hypnos)
  Dave Fulton

12:00 am
Jeff Pearce             The Hidden Sky           The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)
Jeff Pearce             Shadow of Surrender      The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)
Jeff Pearce             On Silent Paths          The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)
Jeff Pearce             Last Light               The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)
Jeff Pearce             Rain Clouds              The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)
Jeff Pearce             Aftermath                The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)
Jeff Pearce             Parting Words            The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)
Jeff Pearce             The Hidden Rift          The Hidden Rift (Ancient
Sun)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll begin a month-long focus on Two Dutch Bands, Free
System Projekt and Wave World.  The Featured CD at Midnight will be disc
one
from "Atmospheric Conditions" by FSP on the Quantum label.

The vinyl show starter will be from the LP "Encore" by Tangerine Dream on
the
Virgin label.

I will play the music of Radio Massacre International who will be
performing at
the November 16th Gathering.

Bill
Group!]
Host of the AM/FM Show on WMUH Allentown  91.7 FM every other Saturday at
6 am.
Host of Afterglow on WMUH every Thursday morning from 8:00 to 9:30.
http://soundscapes.us/~bill/amfm
http://soundscapes.us/~bill/afterglow
Listen on-line to WMUH at http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh  and click  REAL
AUDIO