Re: SV: EDP/LoopIV Problem

>  > At my gig tonight, when I fired up my rack, my EDP starting
>>  scrolling the usual Loop IV info but then kept going around
>>  in a loop (no pun intended) and never went into it's regular
>>  looping mode with the function lights on.
>>  Anybody got any ideas????
>>
>>  -Arthur Lee
>>  www.arthurleemusic.com
>>

>This sounds like your EDP went into that "set the tempo manually before
>starting" mode. I've been haunted by this too but there's sufficient
>info on it in the loop4 manual. When I programmed my FCB1010 I decided
>to use a stomp pad to send midi data to the EDP to make sure it is not
>booted up in this tempo mode - just my personal workaround ;-)
>
>Best wishes

sorry, thats not my impression. If it does not come out of the LOOP
loop, its a system crash, which can have several reasons. Heat can
contribute but is not the real reason.

Try this, Arthur:
- connect any cable to the BrotherSync input and hold the tip to some
ground point (a screw on the cabinet or so) and see whether the
problem appears.
- heat just the simms (with a hair dryer for example) to se whether
the problem appears.
- take out the two SIMMs closer to the front pannel (U38/39, the
others are essencial) to see whether the problem disappears (even
under the conditions above).

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org