Re: EDP switches for drummers

> Has anyone considered a better way for a drummer to use the EDP footpedal
> controls.

I use a set of homemade drum trigger pads which are programmed to send out
midi data just like any guitar player's midi-footpedal.  There are six
small
pads (about 2"x3") positioned just above my snare drum.  I control my EDP,
repeater, and effects while I'm playing by hitting pads with the stick in
my
left hand.  I haven't found anything on the market like this yet.
However,
any drum trigger pads that will send out note-on messages (all of them as
far as I can tell) will work for controlling just an EDP.  Try the roland
spd6, its pretty small and it will send out note-on messages.  You can
program the six pads to control any six front panel buttons on the EDP.

Also, you can buy any 20Kohm potentiometer and wire it onto a mono 1/4"
cable.  You can use this to control the feedback value.  With a little duct
tape, you could put a "lever" on the potentiometer shaft and mount it near
enough to control it with your leg, or arm.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes.
Jon