Re: EDP switches for drummers

>Here's a challenge.
>
>Has anyone considered a better way for a drummer to use the EDP footpedal
>controls.
>
>Unless midi is involved, I think all of us use our hi-hat foot to control
>the
>record, overdub, etc functions.
>
>My thought is to create switches that would respond to the down beat of
>various crash cymbals.  Double triggering seems to be a possible problem
>though.
>
>Any thoughts?

yes, you just called one, maybe its what you meant, I did not quite
understand:
I guess that the main problem with drum operation is that you usually
want to hit a loop function at the very moment you also want to hit
the cymbal.
And you cannot have a cymbal for every function nor have the function
happen at every cymbal hit ;-)
So why not preselect the function you want on some pad and then have
it executed at the next cymbal hit? Its similar quantizing, but you
can do it anytime...
Is that it?

This could be done with the BeatSync input. But it would take a new
quantize mode.
Or you can implement it in MIDI, with Max or so...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org