RE: playing loops or let the looper play?

Must have a candy rail?

-----Original Message-----
From: SoundFNR@aol.com [mailto:SoundFNR@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2002 12:54 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: playing loops or let the looper play?

> Then I became curious about playing looping and realized I can pretty
>  easily repeat something a few times, but then automatically a
>  variation drops in. Why is that?

you mean a variation in the pattern, which doesn't
interupt it, or you mean moving on to something new?

Listening to Turkish clarinet music,
the "clarinet guy" (Mustapha Kandirale) is
blowing over a simple repeating pattern.

or so it seems

when I listen in to the individual percussion lines, none
of them is actually constant.
always subtle variations.

Somehow I'd really like to have that sort
of effect with a looper, little variations
in the rhythm.

andy butler