From: Rick Walker/Loop.pooL [mailto:GLOBAL@cruzio.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2002 6:05 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Freedom from MIKO (STAY ON THE LIST PLEASE, GUYS)

Hey gang,

Jeff and Doug have both considered leaving the list because they were
angered by
MIKO's voluminous (and sometimes vitriolic) posts.

This all smacks of cutting off your head because your finger has a splinter
in it.
PLEASE DON"T LEAVE.

For the record, I find some of Miko's posts to be personally offensive
(merely for the fact that he insists on insulting people and I, personally
wish to be involved in a
community that supports mutual respect and respectful dialogue.  Because it
is e-mail I have no idea if he is saying all of this with his tongue firmly
in his cheek or if he truly is an abusive person.  From a correspondance I
just had with MIKO off list (which is
always a great way to avoid shaming and 'wrongmaking' in communication) I
found him to
be reasonable, intelligent and receptive.  I'm looking forward to hearing
his music
and that, afterall, is what this community is about, right?

This list is like any community of human beings (though I like to think of
it as being
slightly healthier than a typical random community).   We will encounter
problems and
we will have to deal with them (and it CAN be a bit
irritating............e.g., MIKO's
dozen mini posts yesterday which really slowed my e-mail reading experience
for the day)
but the best way to deal with things, and the healthiest way, in my humble
opinion, is
to do so directly.

To leave this really cool list just because one member is bugging you just
seems
a bit like the easy way out.

Just write him with your complaints (and doing so offlist would be the most
efficacious
I would advise, though who the hell needs gratuitous advice.............;-)

Please stay guys.............fight for the quality of this list!!!!    I
support you.

I also support MIKO to express himself..........and like everything,
expression has it's
consequences.

Loop on guys..............I'm about to try and take the looping paradigm to
PASIC, the largest gathering of percussionists and drummers on the planet
(7,000 of us all in a Hyatt Regency in Columbus, Ohio---------I can talk
about wing nuts and bass drum beaters 24/7 for three days without every
having fear of alienating anyone..............true bliss...
Wish me luck.

yours,  Rick Walker (loop.pool)