Is anybody Listening?

MIKO wants to know
Why is everyone so down on the public?

i've been psychically tortured by the uncosnciously driven sadism of the
public and yet I still love people and credit the modern audience for music
with a respectable base level of intelligence....

There's no proving it anyway so wy must we be harsh on those from whom we
desperately, as artists, when we admit it, seek validation?

And my reply--

I don't think anyone pays attentions to 95% of the stuff we (musicians) do
unless we are physically attractive--at that point they start watching and
they are better able to tune in--
I will exclude from my generalization anyone who PLAYS music as they have a
leg up on the process.
But there is so much music everywhere, and I don't think most folks "tune
in".  And then there is "taste", so that will weed out others.
I always try to play for others (did it for money for so many years), but I
know that the finest musical achievement is produced without regard for the
"public".
Make it good and then let someone sell it--every John and Paul needs a
Brian--but don't count on the great unwashed to validate your point of
view.
I don't think they are paying that much attention!
Gary