Re: Collaboration in music (response to RandomLFO)

In a message dated 11/11/2002 5:31:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, m-i-k-o@attbi.com writes:

You've missed my point.

Let me provide a general MIKO rule:  I'm the devil's advocate.   Or moreso,
I am the Tin Man, advocate for a Middle Way I don't even follow myself half
the time <sic>.

If someone comes on strongly about solo, as if to invalidate it, I can't
help but balance their response with a discussion of the importantce of
collaboration as well.

MIKO rule # 2 (for myself, not a fascist dictate):   It's all GOOOOOD.

Oh no- we're not using plain text!

*there* - I switched...

     Hmmm... How do we continue this as a discussion as opposed to antagonism? This is a question that I ask of myself. I ask it outloud so as to remove antagonism from the continuation of conversation.
     I guess you are a good Devil's advocate Miko. Your zeal for the part has it's own pit falls. Your point does get lost in the nonsense, and it gets even more lost in personal attacks. A devil's advocate has the ability to provoke a lot of thinking, or just simply provoke. You have actually done both quite well. That is one reason I laugh at myself over this. A devil's advocate also has the ability to make themselves a target very quickly. I think this may be a source of laughter for you though.
     On Miko rule#2, It's actually not all gooood. There are some things that really, really suck! Violent death and suffering for starters. Fortunately we are not dealing with those. On a much less catastrophic tact, none of us will ever totally agree on what is best method of getting one's point across.
     For the sake of the rest of the list: It would be interesting if you could present some of what you are trying to say in the context of looping. Afterall, that is why we are all here.
     Marc