RE: you're no longer boring!

Charlotte- thanks for reminding everyone why I started this flame war in
the
first place.

Thank you Charlotte.

My homeroom teacher was- well- you know it's funny- I remember only one
homeroom teacher- for all of my years of elementary and high school.

Mrs. Louvenia Bright.

You will find this perhaps ironic- but she was a very quiet person in many
ways and she also taught typing- a course I never took.  She intrigued me
in
many ways because she seemed to live her days in the endless loop of moods
clearly defined for specific times of the day.  She was clear not a spirit
introduced to improvisational loop remixing - moreover she'd had to live
with the daily agony of the typewriter- a looping device that creates loops
so complex that- well - they drive people loopy.  It's bad enough that O is
just below 0 (zero) and you can often not tell the two apart!  But then,
the
antimusical cruelty of the designers who- I understand- created a design
that, though workable, slowed a secretary's fingers enough to avoid
problems
with old keyboard with the forward jumping keys that would jam if you typed
too fast.  Thank goodness for this era where letters appear without any
major jumping of metal and possible collision on hand edge with a cold
branding of ink- rather- we have marvelous features that promote the pure
looping of text- we have the repeat function of electronic keyboards- no
more constant key pressing for words like
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...."  or
"GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..."  - the lovely letter repeater function!  And
we also now have the wonderful automatic repeating of the paste function,
so
that we can write childish things like "SVG's loops are rusty on
principle."
"SVG's loops are rusty on principle."  "SVG's loops are rusty on
[...]

See how that works?

Cool, huh?

well, anyway- I always worried about Mrs. Bright.  She seemed to think a
lot.  Worry a lot also.  But somethnig about typewriters at the time- and
theri limitations- saved her- I think.

:)

Regards,

MIKO