Re: playing loops or let the looper play?

>  > is it really the same feeling?
>
>You refer to practicing, practicing vs. improvising...?

nono! manual vs. electronic repetition! (seems I did not word that
subject well)

>I suppose not the same feelings (but, is any loop the same as
>another...?).

say you put the same loop you play into the looper and then just
listen to it, maybe while playing something to it... how different is
the "trance"?

>What I cited was the repetition (practice) of written music, and that's
>gotta be a whole controversy about the "art" involved in re-creating vs.
>improvising !!
>
>I spend a lot of time  ||: over and :||  to be able to let some wonderful
>successions of notes flow through me, and I ALSO thoroughly enjoy crossing
>over to the "tools of the (looping) trade" to make some very Unpredictable
>sounds!  My boat floateth in different waters...my oars dippeth in some
>rare
>liquids, indeed!

and you do not use the tools for predictable sounds?

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org