Re: The audience, and technology.

I don't know about this.  I think a lot of people can get what you do if
you use
good analogies and don't get too technical.  Last weekend I played a rave,
and I
had a woman ask if I had prerecorded my background tracks.  I just told
her, "In
a sense, yes.  I recorded them here and had them immediately play back.
Kind of
like being a DJ, but starting with a blank record.  First you've got to put
something on the record, then I use all sorts of computer gear to screw
with
that recording."  I didn't get a blank stare at all.  People can be
open... if
they care.  I usually never go into what I'm doing if they don't express an
interest.  Give a brief overview, and "black box" the complicated stuff.
If
they want to know more, they'll ask.

Mark Sottilaro