Re: Not Underestimating an Audiences Ability to Understand our Process

On Wednesday, November 13, 2002, at 11:23 AM, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL
wrote:

> beautiful post, Mark....................I, too, think that most
> musicians UNDERESTIMATE the intelligence, and interest of audiences.

I'm not so sure.... :)

People have come up to me after my performances and asked "So did you
compose the
backing CD yourself?".... or "Why are you pressing those buttons on
the floor when I play?". It would not be so bad except that most of
the people watch me perform for about 10 minutes before coming up to
me and asking those questions.... *sigh*

I always take my time and explain the process to them, and even then,
some of the people do not believe me that everything is created and
looped on the fly. :)

> One of the things that I particularly love my Repeater (when
> the damn thing

I've been having some serious problems with using the Repeater lately.
So much so, that I think that I will stop using it for live
performances and continue using my trusted DL4. One major problem that
keeps cropping up is when I record a one bar loop, and then multiply
it a couple of times to create a 16 beat section. Often, the tempo
slows down, and on rare occasions, there are breaks in the recording
as if the Repeater has failed to copy the audio throughout the new
track. Its frustrating, and embarrassing.....