Re: Not Underestimating an Audiences Ability to Understand our Process

On Wednesday, November 13, 2002, at 05:51 PM, Mark wrote:

> I'm sorry to hear about your Repeater.  I honestly rarely use the
> multiply
> function, so I've never experienced this.

I'd be interested if anyone else has the same problem with their
Repeater... just to make sure that I don't have a faulty unit or bad
CFC card.

Record a 4 beat (or any short metronome type loop)... after pressing
the 'stop record' button, hit the multiply button twice in quick
succession. What I get is a serious slow-down of the loop, and like I
said, sometimes breaks in the audio. Its a bastard, as I really wanted
to create a quick rhythmical bass line, extend it quickly, then drop
back into record and add a string run.... *sigh*

>  I hope you can find a solution to your looping woes.

The only solution I can think of is an EDP, but alas, my finances are
up poo-creek and I seem to have mislaid my paddle. If anyone wants to
swap a Repeater for an EDP, then I'm certainly definitely interested :)
In the meantime, I'll just continue trying to squeeze as much as I can
out of my beloved and battered DL4 :)

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com