Re: FCB1010 and Repeater, together again

  I've had a few strange things happen since my Repeater and the FCB
started talking to each other. While I haven't encountered the problem
you've described, I have had the Repeater freeze up with regards to
certain midi commands. Usually this happens when I've been using the
track select/mute feature. I can perform the initial mute and then I
can't control any thing else from that bank on the FCB 1010 and I can't
seem to reset the Repeater manually either (I can't reset the muted
track back to its original state). Not a frequent or big problem but an
odd annoyance.

As for Stuart's problem, I've seen this happen too. I will go to
multiply a loop and the temp drops by about a third. This is also
infrequent and for me (not a performer at this time) and not a major
problem. I also wonder if I've got outstanding midi commands out there
(like I changed a parameter or sent a command that didn't effect
anything at the time but as soon as the same track is selected it
becomes apparent).

Unfortunately I think that there are still some loose bugs in the
Repeater that were never accounted for and since we owners are the only
researches left now, they are just being discovered. My general take is
that the Repeater does not like to receive a lot of midi (or other)
commands in quick succession. This is when I hit most of my problems.

Kevin

--
Wonderful!  Wonderful!
The sermon of the inanimate is inconceivable