Looping, gifts, and Indian music...

  Hi All, another live peice which follows Spark, the piece which I've
uploaded to the LD files page, with the pitched Repeater loops, is called
Alpha.   I haven't uploaded it to LD files, since it's quite large and I'd
like it to be in stereo.   Anyway, I did send it to a dear friend who has
studied extensively, raags and other forms of Indian music.   Alpha is a
vocal piece, and he quite liked it.   One of his comments really intrigued
me, concerning it's content.   He said, you've looped a key characteristic
phrase of raag Bihaag.  In fact,
there's a lot of raag going on in this music.  This intrigues me because
I've never studied raags.   <smile>   I also don't tend to listen to Indian
music on a regular basis, but do enjoy it quite alot.
  This piece was completely improvised live, and is one which I like very
much.
  I just thought some might be interested in this.  <smile>  -HOpe yer' all
havinn' a wonderful evening!...   Talk with ya soon...

Smiles,

CQ

---

-Then, anything is possible..."