SV: Practice, rehearse, perform

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Tim Nelson [mailto:psychle62@yahoo.com]

> As loopers, "practice" can involve more, too, as the
> definitions and boundaries of our instruments are extended.

Nice post in its full lengths! Just want to comment on the quote above:
To me "programming a midi foot controller" is as important as
"developing a muscle memory suitable for handling a certain instrument".
It all comes down to opening up the channels for musical expression.

As well as practicing on playing certain "licks", "compositions" etc you
may need to practice staying away from those things. Personally I like
the vision of a music that never repeats any part. A non-composed flow
that doesn't have a start, doesn't have an ending and that has no
"recognizable hook elements". Short excerpts could of course have a
strong identity but if you keep listening even that is changing... I'm
not yet especially good at playing that type of music but I'm
practicing. Practicing on.... TIME ;-)

All the best

Per Boysen